Tuesday 15 March 2011

The ubiquitousness of FB...

I guess it is a sign of the times that I often go around thinking in Facebook statuses (stati?). Sometimes one status update just isn't enough, so I thought I'd collect today's bite-sized thoughts, updates and pop-wisdom here:


I cooked lentils today. On purpose.


Teething baby = 3(irritability)+2(grizzliness)+5(sleepless nights)
--------------------------------------------------
3(patience)


Harvesting new potatoes from my very own potato patch! They are so tiny and cute!

I made my first honest-to-goodness autumn soup today that didn't have anything ready-made or from a packet! Cream of pumpkin, carrot and (locally grown!) potato soup, with a touch of smoked curry and garlic. Sounds like a bit of overkill perhaps, but I can tell you it was delicious.

I question the wisdom of putting nuclear power plants in a country prone to seismic activity.

I am faced with the possibility that my son might end up 'petiso' - the doctor said at his 9-month check-up that he had put on plenty of weight but not grown at all in length. I said that it was the third month in a row at 74cm, and the doctor replied: he might just have his father's stature. Noooooooo!

Autumn came suddenly - we went from 32C to 15C in one day.  Goodbye summer, hello fashion!

Autumn's abrupt arrival prompted me to transplant the self-propagated avocado plant into a pot and shift him inside - I now have my very first avocado plant ever! And my first pot plant in my new/old house. Please all collectively wish for my transplanting skills to rival those of a cardiologist and for the little trooper to flourish!

Reading an IKEA catalogue when there is no IKEA within 10,000kms is bittersweet torture.

What did I do before Internet? When the Internet is down I am at a loss - I want to look something up and I have no reference section in my bookcase...

It is more expensive to buy a kilo of bread than a bottle of cheap liquor. WTF?

Yay! My favourite Swedish blog is back up and running - for those of you in Sweden who have not yet read 'Katastrofala Omslag', what have you been doing with your downtime at work? Working?



That's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment