Wednesday 3 June 2009

Last piece of the puzzle!

Today I got the last piece of paper I need to apply for residency! Woohoo! Next week we go to Neuquen and start the process. Hope it all goes smoothly...




That's all really. Still in Buenos Aires, still loving the city, crazy though it is. Fabulous architecture, so much life, so many things to see. I attach a few photos for your viewing pleasure - including the immigration building, which is an old structure by the port, built to handle the European influx in the 1800s. They came in their boats, and landed directly on the docks at immigration. Handy huh? I had to walk for miles! Miles I tell you!


Puerto Madero reminds me of Auckland, yachts and fancy bars on the waterfront. The blue tiles are on the wall of the subway stations, and there is one train line where all the carriages have polished wood interiors and old fashioned detailing. The guard type guys are from the national guard, and there are always two of the at the memorial for the war in the Falkland Islands (Las Malvinas). And everywhere you look, lovely buildings in various states of repair. Today we saw just the facade of a building restored and protected, and a new skyscraper built behind it! I thought that was a nice touch.





Chau gente! Hasta luego!



No comments:

Post a Comment